|Search This Record Series:|
These records include the Resolutions adopted by the Priest Rapids Irrigation District during meetings from November 05, 1938 through October 01, 1945.
Resolutions are official or formal statements of determination, decision, or opinion passed by a council, commission, or board on matters before that body. The resolutions in this collection are indexed by date and/or by resolution number.
The Priest Rapids Irrigation District, White Bluffs and Hanford, Washington, a quasi-municipal corporation, was first organized by the Benton County Commissioners in 1920, but remained inactive until the early 1930's when it acquired the properties of two bankrupt firms, the Black Rock Power and Irrigation Company and Consumers Ditch Company. From 1931 to 1943 the district operated as a governmental business dealing in irrigation, electrical power and real estate development and known as the Hanford Irrigation Project. In early 1943, the district's properties were taken over by the federal government and were placed under the Manhattan District of the United States Army for use as an atomic energy facility. Because of the confusion caused by the swiftness of the government seizure, the district was not dissolved, nor its assets fully liquidated, until 1951.
All records are in English.
These records are open for research.
Filmed and indexed by Washington State Archives, Imaging and Preservation Services.
Preferred Citation: [Identification of item], Priest Rapids Irrigation District, Board Resolutions, 1938-1945, Washington State Archives, Digital Archives, http://www.digitalarchives.wa.gov, [date accessed].
Source: Priest Rapids Irrigation District, Board, 1938-1945, Washington State University Libraries, Pullman, WA.
For more information or to learn about related records, contact the Washington State Archives, Central Region Branch at (509) 235-7508 or email email@example.com.