|Search This Record Series:|
|Record Creator:||Steilacoom Municipal Government, Town Council|
These records include the minutes of the Steilacoom Town Council for meetings from November 15, 1909, through September 4, 2007.
Minutes are the official record of the proceedings of the town council. Minutes may include date, council members present, summary of official reports from various departments, budget approvals, and other town business. The records in this collection are indexed by date.
|Related Records:||For more information or to learn about related records, contact the Washington State Archives, Puget Sound Regional Branch at (425) 564-3940 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|Access Restriction Notes:||These records are open for research.|
|Source of Transfer||Town of Steilacoom
Steilacoom, Town of
|Notes||Filmed by Washington State Archives, Imaging and Preservation Services and indexed by the staff at the Washington State Archives, Puget Sound Regional Branch.
|Agency History:||After the establishment of nearby Fort Steilacoom in 1849 by the United States Army, Captain Lafayette Balch founded Port Steilacoom in 1850. In 1854, Steilacoom became Washington Territory's first incorporated town. It was the Pierce County seat from 1852 to 1880 when residents voted to move the county seat to Tacoma.|
|Preferred Citation:||[Identification of item], Steilacoom Town Council, Minutes, 1909-2007, Washington State Archives, Digital Archives, http://digitalarchives.wa.gov, [date accessed].|