|Search This Title:|
|Record Creator:||Ridgefield Municipal Government, City Council|
These records include Minutes of the Ridgefield City Council for meetings from September 1, 1909 through September 27, 2007.
Minutes are the official record of the proceedings of the City Council. Minutes may include date, council members present, summary of official reports from various departments and city offices, budget approvals, and other City business. The records in this collection are indexed by date.
|Related Records:||For more information or to learn about related records, contact the Washington State Archives, Southwest Region Branch at (360) 753-1684 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|Access Restriction Notes:||These records are open for research.|
|Sources of Transfer||Southwest Regional Archives
|Notes||Filmed and indexed by Washington State Archives Imaging and Preservation Services.
|Agency History:||Originally the site of the Chinook village, Cathapotle, Irish immigrant James Carty arrived at the village site in 1839, where he built a log cabin. In 1851, the settlement became known as "Shobert's Landing", but was renamed "Union Ridge" in 1865. In 1890, the town was renamed again to Ridgefield, and was incorporated in 1909. The city is located in Clark County.|
|Preferred Citation:||[Identification of item], Ridgefield City Council, Minutes, 1909-2007, Washington State Archives, Digital Archives, http://digitalarchives.wa.gov, [date accessed].|
|Records By Year:|