WHEREAS, the Commission for Vocational Education will sunset June 30, 1987, pursuant to RCW 43.131.287; and
WHEREAS, the Commission has been the sole state agency for the receipt of federal vocational education funds; and pursuant to 20 U.S.C. 2307 federal law authorizes the state to designate the sole state agency;
NOW, THEREFORE, I, Booth Gardner, Governor of the State of Washington, by virtue of the power vested in me, do hereby:
(1) Designate within the Governor's office a State Board for Vocational Education to be the sole state agency for the receipt of federal vocational education funds to be a five member board consisting of the Governor, who serves as the Chair, (or my designee); the Superintendent of Public Instruction (or his designee); the Director Of the State Board for Community College Education (or his designee); one member representing business, appointed by the Governor, and one member representing organized labor, appointed by the Governor, effective July 1, 1987.
(2) I hereby designate the following former employees of the Commission for Vocational Education to continue as employees of the successor sole state agency, under the same terms and conditions: Mike Schmkidlkofer, Phil Stewart, Barbara Decker, Myra Peters, Elaine Hangartner, Walt Wong, Gil Zuerlein, Rob Fieldman, Bettye Pressley, Yvonne Sanchez, Barb Glass, Saundra Lester, Deaun Welch, Harriet Gleason, Cassie Rexus, Shirley Sorrell, Gerry Clerget, Patricia Justice, Merritt Long, and Linda Broderick.
(3) The Washington Federation of State Employees will continue to represent the former CVE employees in matters relating to their current union contract until this assignment of responsibility is reallocated by further Executive Order.
(4) All rules and pending business before the Commission for Vocational Education shall be continued and acted upon by the State Board for Vocational Education. All existing contracts and obligations shall remain in full force and shall be performed by the State Board for Vocational Education.
(5) This Executive Order shall continue unless it is modified by further Executive Order or action of the Legislature.
have hereunto set
my hand and caused the seal of the State of
Washington to be affixed at Olympia this
30th day of June A.D., Nineteen hundred and eighty-seven.
Assistant Secretary of State
Back to Executive Orders Archive