WHEREAS, the State of Washington recognized the benefits of vocational education and desires to participate in vocational education programs authorized by Public Law 98-524, the Carl D. Perkins Vocational Education Act; and
WHEREAS, Section 112 of that act requires each state to establish a State Council on Vocational Education, consisting of thirteen members to be appointed by the Governor who are representative of citizens and groups set forth in that section; and
WHEREAS, the existing Council on Vocational Education will cease to exist on June 30, 1987, with the repeal of RCW 29C.04.300 and 28C.04.310; andWHEREAS, the existing Council and its members have performed their responsibilities in an effective manner the interests of the State of Washington require that there be continuity in the functions of the Council;
NOW, THEREFORE, I, Booth Gardner, Governor of the State of Washington, by virtue of the power vested in me, do hereby order and direct that the Washington State Council, on Vocational Education be hereby continued in its existence with membership and terms of office as follows:
1. Representatives of labor organizationsAl Brisbois, Seattle until March 31, 1989
2. Representative of small business concerns:To be named until March 31, 1990
3. Private sector member of the State Job Training Coordinating CouncilErin Mundinger, Omak until March 31, 1989
4. Representatives of business, industry, and agriculture:Roger Lampitt, Tacoma until March 31, 1988
5. Representative of career guidance and counseling:Deral Adams, Spokane until March 31, 1989
Representative of special education:Margo Thornley, Seattle until March 31, 1989
7. Educational member who has special knowledge and qualifications with respect to the special educational and career development needs of special populations (including women, the disadvantaged, the handicapped, individuals with limited English proficiency, and minorities):Phyllis Kenney, Seattle until March 31, 1988
8. Representatives of secondary and postsecondary vocational institutions:Mike Bjur, Vancouver until March 31, 1988
9. I further order and direct that the Council on Vocational Education shall administer the Washington Award for Vocational Excellence Program (WAVE) pursuant to RCW 29C.04.520 through 28C.04.550.
10. This Executive Order shall continue in effect unless modified by further order or action of the Legislature.
have hereunto set
my hand and caused the seal of the State of
Washington to be affixed at Olympia this
30th day of June A.D., Nineteen hundred and eighty-seven.
Assistant Secretary of State