WHEREAS, the newly established State Board for Vocational Education is a five member board consisting of the Governor (or a designee), the Superintendent of Public Instruction (or a designee), and the Director of the State Board for Community College Education (or a designee), one representative of organized labor and one representative of business; and
WHEREAS, pursuant to section 710 of SHB 1221, the Legislature has directed that this office designate a successor agency for Job Training and Partnership Act eight percent education and coordination grants and Job Skills Program.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, Booth Gardner, Governor of the State of Washington, by virtue of the power vested in me, do hereby:
(1) Designate the newly created State Board for Vocational Education as the agency to administer the Job Training and Partnership Act (JTPA) eight percent education and coordination grants and to administer the Job Skills Program pursuant to RCW 28C.04.400 through 28C.04.480.
(2) Designate the new State Board for Vocational Education to administer and carry out the VA approval of vocational programs for the attendance of veterans pursuant to federal law and to administer the licensing of private vocational schools pursuant to Chapter 28C.10 RCW.
(3) Designate the following former employees of the Commission for Vocational Education to continue as employees of the successor sole state agency, under the same terms and conditions: Ken Lisk, John Knold, Caroline Haggard, Ron Berg, Gene Bigger, Vince Ortiz, Bev Hermanson, Bob Hinsch, Cindy Meason, Jean Pettit, Pat Daly, Lucita Waller, and Michelle Waters.
(4) The Washington Federation of State Employees will continue to represent the former CVE employees in matters relating to their current union contract until this assignment of responsibility is reallocated by further executive order.
(5) All rules and all pending business before the Commission for Vocational Education shall be continued and acted upon by the State Board for Vocational Education. Al I existing contracts and obligations shall remain in full force and shall be performed by the State Board for Vocational Education.
(6) This executive order shall continue in effect unless modified by further order or action by the Legislature.
have hereunto set
my hand and caused the seal of the State of
Washington to be affixed at Olympia this
30th day of June A.D., Nineteen hundred and eighty-seven.
Assistant Secretary of State