On April 27, 1976, Governor Daniel J. Evans issued Executive Order 76-03 establishing the state Developmental Disabilities Planning Council and the procedures to be followed in order to implement the requirements of Public Law 91-917 (hereinafter, the "Act"). in October 1978 that law was amended by Public Law 95-602, which contained additional language governing implementation of the Act and which prompts the modifications contained in this order.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, John Spellman, Governor of the state of Washington, by virtue of the authority vested in me, do hereby affirm the establishment of the Developmental Disabilities Planning Council (hereinafter, the "Council") and require the following:
1. The Council shall be responsible for developing jointly with the Department of Social and Health Services Division of Developmental Disabilities, the state plan required by the Act.
2. Appointment of members to the Council shall be made by the Governor upon advice from the Secretary of the Department of Social and Health Services, with one such member being designated by the Governor as Chairperson of the Council.
3. Council members may serve no more than two consecutive three-year terms, no more than five members' terms will expire each year, and the composition of Council memberships will conform in all respects to the requirements of Federal law.
4. The Department of Social and Health Services, Division of Developmental Disabilities, shall be designated as the state agency responsible to carry out the administrative agency requirements of the Act.
5. Council staff shall be assigned by the Department of Social and Health Services from funds available under the Act.