|Search This Title:|
|Record Creator:||Stanwood Municipal Government, City Council|
These records include minutes of the Stanwood City Council meetings from October 15, 1984 through December 15, 2005.
Minutes are the official record of the proceedings of the city council. Minutes may include date, council members present, summary of official reports from various departments, budget approvals, and other city business. The records in this collection are indexed by date.
|Related Records:||For more information or to learn about related records, contact the Washington State Archives, Northwest Regional Branch at (360) 650-3125 or email email@example.com.|
|Access Restriction Notes:||These records are open for research.|
|Sources of Transfer||Northwest Regional Archives
Stanwood, City of
Steilacoom, Town of
|Notes||Filmed and indexed by Washington State Archives, Imaging and Preservation Services.
|Agency History:||Stanwood's settlement began in 1866 near the Stillaguamish River where a trading post and saloon were built to serve those settling up river and in the delta. Known at the time as Centerville, the city was renamed in 1877 after the maiden name of Postmaster D.O. Pearson's wife, Clara. The City of Stanwood was incorporated in 1903. In the 1890's a second town, known as East Stanwood had been established nearby and was incorporated in 1922. The two towns consolidated in 1960 as the City of Stanwood and is located in Snohomish County.|
|Preferred Citation:||[Identification of item], Stanwood City Council, Minutes, 1984-2005, Washington State Archives, Digital Archives, http://digitalarchives.wa.gov, [date accessed].|
|Records By Year:|