|Search This Record Series:|
The Mineral Cemetery index lists individuals interred at this cemetery located in Mineral, Lewis County, Washington. Death dates on the markers range from 1896-2011. Index information about an individual may include name, birth date, birth place, death date, and names of family members. Index data was compiled by Suzanne Livingstone.
The Mineral Cemetery is located at Lat: 46.7152 degrees N, 122.1745 degrees W, T14N R5E Section 10.
There are 606 individuals listed in this index.
This index is in English.
This index is open for research.
Notes from transcriber Suzanne Livingstone, November 28, 2011:
“Heading South on Hwy 161 (Washington Ave N) thru Eatonville, turn right (West) on Carter St E. Follow for 0.4 miles, turn right onto Fir Ave N. Follow to end of street.”
“Cemetery Contact: Mineral Cemetery District #10, PO Box 152, Mineral, WA 98355.”
“Mineral Cemetery is located just east of the town of Mineral and can be reach off of Highway 7 that goes South from Morton, North where it meets up with Highway 706 at Elbe (towards Mt Rainier).”
“From the town of Morton (Highway 12), head North on Highway 7 about 11.5 miles. Turn right (East) on Mineral Rd South. Continue for 1.7 miles. Turn right onto Front St and follow for 0.3 miles. Just past the railroad tracks on the right hand side is the cemetery.”
“ Cemetery is in very good condition and well cared for. There is a road that goes into and around the cemetery. There is also a small wooden gazebo in the back corner for sitting. The earliest noted burial was 1901. The stones listed may not be all of them, only the ones that were visible and legible.”
“Mineral Cemetery District #10 was formed in 1979 to present. Prior to that Mineral Cemetery was under the Bethel Cemetery Association from 1908 to 1979.”
“I walked and read the cemetery in August 2011.”
Preferred citation: [Identification of item], Mineral Cemetery Index, Office of Secretary of State, Washington State Archives, Digital Archives, http://www.digitalarchives.wa.gov, [date accessed].
Source: Index and transcription notes were donated to the Washington State Archives by Suzanne Livingstone, Historical Records Project, November 28, 2011.