|Search This Title:|
|Record Creator:||Anacortes Municipal Government, City Council|
These records include Ordinances 1 through 2758, adopted by the Anacortes City Council during meetings from June 1, 1891 through December 18, 2006.
Ordinances passed by the city council are the laws that govern the city and are normally codified into a Municipal Code. Record includes ordinance number, type or legal details and date. The ordinances in this collection are indexed by date and by number.
|Related Records:||For more information or to learn about related records, contact the Washington State Archives, Northwest Regional Branch at (360) 650-3125 or email email@example.com.|
|Access Restriction Notes:||These records are open for research.
|Sources of Transfer||Northwest Regional Archives
|Notes||Historical ordinances contained in this collection may have been repealed, superseded, amended, or otherwise had their legal effect altered by subsequent actions of the creating body. Those seeking the current municipal or county laws should refer directly to the appropriate city, town, or county.
|Agency History:||The city of Anacortes was settled in 1860 as "Ship Harbor". It was renamed in 1876 after Anna Curtis, wife of a civil engineer, but was altered slightly to give a more Spanish flair. It was incorporated in 1891 and is located in Skagit County on the north end of Fidalgo Island. The city adheres to a Mayor-Council form of government.|
|Preferred Citation:||Preferred Citation: [Identification of item], Anacortes City Council, Ordinances, 1891-2006, Washington State Archives, Digital Archives, http://www.digitalarchives.wa.gov, [date accessed].
|Records By Year:|