|Search This Title:|
|Record Creator:||Monroe Municipal Government, City Council|
These records include Ordinances 1 through 2008-029, adopted by the Monroe City Council during meetings from 1903 through 2008.
Ordinances passed by the City council are the laws that govern the City and are normally codified into a Municipal Code. Records include ordinance number, type or legal details, and date. The ordinances in this collection are indexed by date and by ordinance number.
|Related Records:||For more information or to learn about related records, contact the Washington State Archives, Northwest Regional Branch at (360) 650-3125 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|Access Restriction Notes:||These records are open for research.
|Sources of Transfer||Northwest Regional Archives
|Notes||Historical ordinances contained in this collection may have been repealed, superseded, amended, or otherwise had their legal effect altered by subsequent actions of the creating body. Those seeking the current municipal or county laws should refer directly to the appropriate city, town, or county.
|Agency History:||Previously named "Park Place" in 1878 by Salem Woods, the City of Monroe underwent a name change in 1890 when the Postoffice Department asked for a new name. John A. Vanasdlen, the shop owner who applied for the post office in the city, chose the name Monroe, a name which his widow said had no special meaning or local application. The City of Monroe was incorporated in 1902 and is located in Snohomish County.|
|Preferred Citation:||Preferred Citation: [Identification of item], Monroe City Council, Ordinances, 1903-2008, Washington State Archives, Digital Archives, http://www.digitalarchives.wa.gov, [date accessed].
|Records By Year:|