EXECUTIVE ORDER 01-01
SUPERSEDING EXECUTIVE ORDERS 84-13 AND 84-15
WHEREAS, the purpose of the Combined Fund Drive (CFD) is to raise money for charity and reduce the disruption to government that formally existed when there were a number of fund drives;
WHEREAS, the Combined Fund Drive (CFD) is part of the business of the state and part of the official duties of any officer or employee assigned to run the drive in his or her agency;
WHEREAS, the Combined Fund Drive (CFD) is an annual workplace-giving campaign and has proven to be beneficial to many charities over the past 15 years.
NOW THEREFORE, I, Gary Locke, Governor of the State of Washington, by virtue of the power vested in me, do hereby reaffirm the need for the Washington State Combined Fund Drive, first established in Executive Orders 84-13 and 84-15 issued by Governor John Spellman in 1984, and direct the following:
- The Combined Fund Drive Committee shall continue to conduct one annual charitable campaign for active Washington State employees and retired Washington State public employees.
- The Combined Fund Drive Committee shall develop policies and procedures for the annual charitable campaign and distribution of funds collected through this effort.
- The Committee shall be composed of not more than twelve (12) members, appointed for three-year terms by, and serving at the pleasure of, the Governor.
- Members officially appointed to and serving on the Committee on the date of this executive order shall continue service on the Committee until they are re-appointed or replaced by the Governor. The Director of the Department of Personnel shall review the membership composition and, after consultation with the Combined Fund Drive Committee, periodically recommend changes to the Governor.
- In making appointments and re-appointments to the Committee, the Governor will give consideration to representatives from state agencies, higher education institutions, the legislative branch, the judicial branch, elected officials, public employees' unions, retired state employees, and other groups as may be recommended by the Director of the Department of Personnel.
- Members of the Committee who are state employees shall serve without additional salary, but shall be reimbursed by their employing organizations for costs associated with their duties in accordance with state laws and regulations.
- Agency directors, elected officials, and higher education presidents are encouraged to allow employees the opportunity to serve as CFD campaign executives to assist in the conduct of the state's annual charitable campaign. The CFD campaign executive opportunity is a rotational assignment that develops leadership, communication, and teamwork skills that will benefit the employing organization upon the employee's return. Those appointed as CFD campaign executives remain on the payroll of their employing organization during this assignment.
- State agencies and higher education institutions, at their discretion, are authorized to use reasonable state resources to support, promote, and conduct the annual Combined Fund Drive campaign within their organization.
- The Department of Personnel shall provide administrative support to the Combined Fund Drive Committee.
- This executive order shall take effect immediately, and supercedes Executive Orders 84-13 and 84-15. Executive Orders 84-13 and 84-15 are hereby terminated.
||IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the seal of the State of Washington to be Affixed at Olympia this 4th day of January A.D., Two thousand one.
Governor of Washington
|BY THE GOVERNOR:
|Secretary of State