|Search This Record Series:|
|Record Creator:||Stanwood Municipal Government, City Council|
These records include Resolutions adopted by the Stanwood City Council during meetings from August 9, 1910, through September 21, 2006.
Resolutions are official or formal statements of determination, decision, or opinion passed by the city council on matters before that body. The resolutions in this collection are indexed by date and by resolution number.
|Related Records:||For more information or to learn about related records, contact the Washington State Archives, Northwest Regional Branch at (360) 650-3125 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|Access Restriction Notes:||These records are open for research.|
|Source of Transfer||Northwest Regional Archives
Stanwood, City of
|Agency History:||Stanwood's settlement began in 1866 near the Stillaguamish River where a trading post and saloon were built to serve those settling up river and in the delta. Known at the time as Centerville, the city was renamed in 1877 after the maiden name of Postmaster D.O. Pearson's wife, Clara. The City of Stanwood was incorporated in 1903. In the 1890's a second town, known as East Stanwood had been established nearby and was incorporated in 1922. The two towns consolidated in 1960 as the City of Stanwood and is located in Snohomish County.|
|Preferred Citation:||Preferred Citation: [Identification of item], Stanwood City Council, Resolutions, 1910-2006, Washington State Archives, Digital Archives, http://www.digitalarchives.wa.gov, [date accessed].|