|Search This Record Series:|
|Record Creator:||Stanwood Municipal Government, City Council|
These records include Ordinances 1 through 1202, adopted by the Stanwood City Council during meetings from November 2, 1903 through January 18, 2007.
Ordinances passed by the city council are the laws that govern the city and are normally codified into a Municipal Code. Record includes ordinance number, type or legal details and date. The ordinances in this collection are indexed by date and by ordinance number.
|Related Records:||For more information or to learn about related records, contact the Washington State Archives, Northwest Regional Branch at (360) 650-3125 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|Access Restriction Notes:||These records are open for research.
|Source of Transfer||Northwest Regional Archives
Stanwood, City of
|Notes||Historical ordinances contained in this collection may have been repealed, superseded, amended, or otherwise had their legal effect altered by subsequent actions of the creating body. Those seeking the current municipal or county laws should refer directly to the appropriate city, town, or county.
|Agency History:||Stanwood's settlement began in 1866 near the Stillaguamish River where a trading post and saloon were built to serve those settling up river and in the delta. Known at the time as Centerville, the city was renamed in 1877 after the maiden name of Postmaster D.O. Pearson's wife, Clara. The City of Stanwood was incorporated in 1903. In the 1890's a second town, known as East Stanwood had been established nearby and was incorporated in 1922. The two towns consolidated in 1960 as the City of Stanwood and is located in Snohomish County.|
|Preferred Citation:||Preferred Citation: [Identification of item], Stanwood City Council, Ordinances, 1903-2007, Washington State Archives, Digital Archives, http://www.digitalarchives.wa.gov, [date accessed].